Books and Journals › Public and Administrative Law
- Dynamic Elements in the Contemporary Business Law by: Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, 2019
- Issues in the Justiciability of the Right to Health by: Ediciones Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, 2019
- Journal of Property, Planning and Environmental Law From Nbr. 10-1, April 2018 to Nbr. 11-1, April 2019 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2019
- The Lawyer. Revista Centroamericana From Nbr. 1, September 2015 to Nbr. 9, July 2019 The Lawyer. Revista Centroamericana, 2016
- El derecho administrativo global y el arbitraje internacional de inversiones by: Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública (INAP), 2016
- Descentralización, transparencia y seguridad jurídica en América Latina y Europa Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública (INAP), 2013
- Expropriation under International Investment Law. An overview by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013
- Constitutional Protection of Individual Rights under Terrorism Laws. Toward A New Egyptian Anti-Terrorism Law A Comparative Study of Egypt, the Unite by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013
- Fiscalidad ambiental: alternativa para la protección del ambiente. Protección del ambiente mediante los tributos ecológicos by: Editorial Académica Española, 2013
- The Concept of State Responsibility. The theoretical framework and application in contemporary international law by: AV Akademikerverlag, 2013
- International Petroleum Contracts. Balancing State and Investor Interests: Comparison of Legislations in Kazakhstan and Other Central Asian Countries by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Settlement of Commercial Disputes in International Air Transportation. A Legal Study by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- La criminalización del consumo de drogas y la salud del consumidor. Estudio comparado entre México y América Latina by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Tribunales de Arbitramento internacionales para contratos estatales. Las consecuencias jurídico- económicas relacionadas con la solución de conflictos by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Vocabulario Jurídico Latino by: Editorial vLex, 2012
- La mer Caspienne en droit international de l'environnement. Approche pluridisciplinaire by: Presses Académiques Francophones, 2012
- Implications of the International Environmental Laws: A Close Look. An International Organizations Context by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- El patrimonio de la humanidad entera. La protección de la Unesco by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Confederación de Estados e integración regional en América Latina. Análisis acerca de las limitaciones y alternativas de la integración regional en el by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Kommentar Internationales Öffentliches Auftragswesen 2012. Die WTO- und EU-Regelungen unter Einbeziehung der Reformvorschläge by: Saarbrücker Verlag für Rechtswissenschaften, 2012
- International Regulatory Regime for Offshore Decommissioning. Developing a Viable Model for Nigeria’s Oil Industry by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Webometric Analysis of Links between African and World Universities. Motivation and Disciplinary Distribution of Links between African and World Unive by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Academic Freedom in Africa. A Human Rights Perspective by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Articulations of Memory in Northern Cyprus. Between Turkishness, Europeanness and Cypriotness by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Revista Internacional de Ciencias Administrativas From Nbr. 74, December 2008 to Nbr. 76-4, December 2010 Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública (INAP), 2012
- Pollution Petrolière de la Mer Méditerranée Liée au Trafic Maritime. Etude Juridique sur les Législations Environnementales Internationales, Regionale by: Éditions Universitaires Européenes, 2012
- Les marchés publics dans le cadre de l'OMC. L'ouverture à la concurrence internationale des marchés publics dans le cadre de l'Organisation Mondiale d by: Éditions Universitaires Européenes, 2012
- Equal educational opportunities for the girl child in Africa. Focus on Egypt, South Africa and Cameroon by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Régimen de Responsabilidad Ambiental. Instrumento para garantizar el derecho a gozar de un medio ambiente sano by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Armed Conflict, Internal Disturbances or something else?. The Lower Threshold of Non-International Armed Conflict by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Turning Point
The Political Economy of Economic Policy
We should pay closer attention to the interactions between politics, economics, and other realms.
Beyond the Crisis
Now is the time to take advantage of this opportunity to build a better world.
The Long Economic Hangover of Pandemics
History shows COVID-19’s economic fallout may be with us for decades.
Lifelines in Danger
The COVID-19 pandemic threatens to dry up a vital source of income for poor and fragile countries.
Broadly shared identity can be the basis for the sense of shared destiny that is at the core of good politics.
Preparing for an Unknown World
We must collectively work toward resolving the problems exposed by the crisis.
Six prominent thinkers reflect on how the pandemic has changed the world.
Trust is at rock bottom, and we must urgently restore it.
Andreas Adriano profiles MIT’s J-PAL, where Esther Duflo and Abhijit Banerjee are reinventing development economics.
The Devil Is in the Details
If properly designed, tax-based fiscal consolidation does not have to be politically costly.
Caught by a Cresting Debt Wave
Past debt crises can teach developing economies to cope with COVID-19 financing shocks.
On Central Bank Independence
The author of Unelected Power discusses constitutionalist central banking in a world of inert politics.
Reckoning with Systemic Hazards
The 21st century is set to be one of massive disruptions that pose serious threats to society.
The Medellín Miracle
Former mayor Federico Gutiérrez discusses how prioritizing security and sustainability paved the way for a 21st century city.
- Deaths of Despair and the Future of Capitalism, Anne Case and Angus Deaton
- Backstage: The Story Behind India's High Growth Years, Montek Singh Ahluwalia
Aruba’s new banknotes spotlight the heroes among its flora and fauna.
Canada’s financial intelligence unit: FINTRAC
Purpose International bodies, such as the Financial Action Task Force , have mandated the use of financial intelligence units (FIU) to address organized crime and money laundering. The purpose of this paper is to examine Canada’s FIU, the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC), and explore its current effectiveness and future challenges. Design/methodology/approach
Seeking economic cyber security: a Middle Eastern example
Purpose The transformation of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) into an important global economic player has been accompanied by digitalization that has also left it at a risk to cybercrime. Concurrent with the rise in technology use, the UAE fast became one of the most targeted countries in the world. The purpose of this paper is to discuss how the UAE has tried to cope with accelerating levels of...
A causal model of the declaration intention of banks for suspected money-laundering transactions based on organizational commitment perspective
Purpose Anti-money laundering has attracted much global attention, driving banks to invest in the establishment of suspicious transaction report mechanisms for the declaration of suspicious transactions. However, very few studies discuss how to influence bank employees to proactively declare suspicious transactions. Therefore, the purpose of this study is to, based on an organizational commitment
Challenges of accountability in Nigeria: the role of deposit money bank
Purpose The unhealthy drive for deposit in the banking sector has pushed many banks into unethical practices, thereby resulting in high-level corruption cases in the banking sector. The purpose of this study is to investigate the short- and long-run linkages between bank net interest income and deposit liabilities interacted with corruption, to establish the influence of corruption in deposit...
A study of receiving money by issuing defective deposit receipts
Purpose This paper aims to convict the offender of real concurrence offenses of the most severe offense and applying the most severe penalty will result in no distinction between the perpetrator who conducted more than one act and the one who conducted only one act. This approach deviates from the purpose of criminal law. The real concurrence of offenses means several offenses, the perpetrator’s...
Supervisory mandate of central banks and the spate of bank failures: who is to blame?
Purpose This paper aims to examine how central Banks (in the narrow purview of Bank of Uganda) exercise their supervisory mandate to foster an efficient sound business environment for banks to operate efficiently. The authors were motivated to write on the subject of bank supervision because of the closure of Crane Bank and putting it under administration in 2016. The closure of this bank...
- A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal.
- An Appeal to the Ladies of Hyderabad: Scandal in the Raj.
- Global Development: A Cold War History.
- Iran Rising: The Survival and Future of the Islamic Republic.
- Islam In Malaysia: An Entwined History.