Books and Journals › Public and Administrative Law
- Journal of Property, Planning and Environmental Law From Nbr. 10-1, April 2018 to Nbr. 11-1, April 2019 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2019
- The Lawyer. Revista Centroamericana From Nbr. 1, September 2015 to Nbr. 9, July 2019 The Lawyer. Revista Centroamericana, 2016
- El derecho administrativo global y el arbitraje internacional de inversiones by: Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública (INAP), 2016
- Descentralización, transparencia y seguridad jurídica en América Latina y Europa Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública (INAP), 2013
- Expropriation under International Investment Law. An overview by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013
- Constitutional Protection of Individual Rights under Terrorism Laws. Toward A New Egyptian Anti-Terrorism Law A Comparative Study of Egypt, the Unite by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013
- Fiscalidad ambiental: alternativa para la protección del ambiente. Protección del ambiente mediante los tributos ecológicos by: Editorial Académica Española, 2013
- The Concept of State Responsibility. The theoretical framework and application in contemporary international law by: AV Akademikerverlag, 2013
- International Petroleum Contracts. Balancing State and Investor Interests: Comparison of Legislations in Kazakhstan and Other Central Asian Countries by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Settlement of Commercial Disputes in International Air Transportation. A Legal Study by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- La criminalización del consumo de drogas y la salud del consumidor. Estudio comparado entre México y América Latina by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Tribunales de Arbitramento internacionales para contratos estatales. Las consecuencias jurídico- económicas relacionadas con la solución de conflictos by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Vocabulario Jurídico Latino by: Editorial vLex, 2012
- La mer Caspienne en droit international de l'environnement. Approche pluridisciplinaire by: Presses Académiques Francophones, 2012
- Implications of the International Environmental Laws: A Close Look. An International Organizations Context by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- El patrimonio de la humanidad entera. La protección de la Unesco by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Confederación de Estados e integración regional en América Latina. Análisis acerca de las limitaciones y alternativas de la integración regional en el by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Kommentar Internationales Öffentliches Auftragswesen 2012. Die WTO- und EU-Regelungen unter Einbeziehung der Reformvorschläge by: Saarbrücker Verlag für Rechtswissenschaften, 2012
- International Regulatory Regime for Offshore Decommissioning. Developing a Viable Model for Nigeria’s Oil Industry by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Webometric Analysis of Links between African and World Universities. Motivation and Disciplinary Distribution of Links between African and World Unive by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Academic Freedom in Africa. A Human Rights Perspective by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Articulations of Memory in Northern Cyprus. Between Turkishness, Europeanness and Cypriotness by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Revista Internacional de Ciencias Administrativas From Nbr. 74, December 2008 to Nbr. 76-4, December 2010 Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública (INAP), 2012
- Pollution Petrolière de la Mer Méditerranée Liée au Trafic Maritime. Etude Juridique sur les Législations Environnementales Internationales, Regionale by: Éditions Universitaires Européenes, 2012
- Les marchés publics dans le cadre de l'OMC. L'ouverture à la concurrence internationale des marchés publics dans le cadre de l'Organisation Mondiale d by: Éditions Universitaires Européenes, 2012
- Equal educational opportunities for the girl child in Africa. Focus on Egypt, South Africa and Cameroon by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Régimen de Responsabilidad Ambiental. Instrumento para garantizar el derecho a gozar de un medio ambiente sano by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Armed Conflict, Internal Disturbances or something else?. The Lower Threshold of Non-International Armed Conflict by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Problemas de la Enseñanza del Derecho Internacional Público. Una propuesta para su tratamiento desde el proceso de formación profesional by: Editorial Académica Española, 2012
- Escritos sobre la Codificación by: Dykinson, 2012
Intervención de la Facultad de Derecho y Ciencias Políticas de la Universidad de La Sabana en el proceso de constitucionalidad D-13280 del artículo 141 de la Ley 1955 de 2019, “Por el cual se expide el Plan Nacional de Desarrollo 2018-2022”
IVÁN GARZÓN VALLEJO, Profesor de la Facultad de Derecho y Ciencias Políticas de la Universidad de La Sabana, en respuesta a la amable invitación de la Corte, presento la siguiente intervención ciudadana a título personal en el proceso de constitucionalidad D-13280 de los artículos 141 de la Ley 1955 de 2019, “Por el cual se expide el Plan Nacional de Desarrollo”. En esta intervención...
- Innovación y prácticas pedagógicas para la transformación de la cultura jurídica y la enseñanza del derecho
The residential leaseholder’s interest in construction operations
Purpose The owner of residential long leasehold can be significantly affected by construction operations to the building, whether during its initial construction or its subsequent repair, renovation or improvement. This paper aims to consider how a leaseholder has an interest in such construction operations and the extent to which this is taken into consideration in their procurement. ...
Reverberations in the Torrens system: a new Land Transfer Act in New Zealand
Purpose On 12 November 2018, New Zealand's Land Transfer Act 2017 came into force. The purpose of this paper is to pinpoint some of the significant changes in the Act that challenge the fundamental concepts of the Torrens system of registration. Design/methodology/approach The paper addresses three significant reforms: a definition of land transfer fraud; the concept of immediate...
Compensating regulation of land: UK and Singapore compared
Purpose The paper aims to analyse and compare how UK and Singapore deal with compensation with respect to regulation of land (short of a physical taking). The purpose is to determine whether the non-compensation in each jurisdiction is justified. Design/methodology/approach A comparative method using case law, statutes and secondary material across both jurisdictions (as well as...
A coalition of the (un)willing?. The convergence of landlord and renter interests in the “right to rent”
Purpose The Immigration Act (2014) at Part 3 established a new regime with private landlords incurring penalties (and potentially criminal liability from 1 November 2016) if they allow a person disqualified, by reason of migration status, to reside in a property as their only or main home. Known colloquially as the “right to rent”, the provisions restrict access to accommodation and impose...
Privatising land in England
Purpose This paper aims to analyse the extent to which privatising - or denationalising land - has legal and policy effects. Design/methodology/approach It applies the law in context scholarship to the question of land privatisation. Findings Of all the recent privatisations in England, the most valuable, and yet least recorded, is of land. According to one estimate, two...
- Guest editorial
Anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism compliance. Are FATF member states just scratching the surface?
Purpose The purpose of this paper is to investigate how well countries comply with global anti-money laundering and counter-financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations. Design/methodology/approach With the help of an AML/CFT compliance index composed by the author, this study is able to numerically quantify countries’ AML/CFT compliance levels. Countries were selected based on...
Dirty money in the banking sector
Purpose The purpose of this study is to analyze the Lebanese anti-money laundering (AML) paradigm in light of banking secrecy law. The phenomenon of money laundering that was first associated with the crime of drug trafficking developed a lot since the early 1900s to become a major threat to the world’s economy today. The fight against this ever-growing crime, with multiple sources and...
The financial intelligence unit and money laundering control in Tanzania. The law, potential and challenges
Purpose This paper aims to explore the role of the financial intelligence unit in Tanzania in fighting against money laundering and its predicate offences, examine its potential in controlling the problem and describe factors that undermine its efficacy. Design/methodology/approach The doctrinal research approach is used to analyse Tanzania’s anti-money laundering law and appraise...
How seriously do taxpayers regard tax evasion? A survey of opinion in England
Purpose Numerous studies have been done on various aspects of tax evasion in recent years. Some studies focus on compliance, while others examine more esoteric topics, such as optimum tax evasion. A third group of studies discusses theoretical issues, such as when tax evasion can be justified on moral grounds. A few studies have addressed the relative seriousness of tax evasion compared to...
Tracing, freezing and confiscating the proceeds of crime in Cyprus
Purpose As a dynamic business and financial centre, the Republic of Cyprus is called upon to protect its economy and society from money laundering and criminal infiltration. To address these risks, the Republic of Cyprus has developed a comprehensive legal framework in compliance with the relevant international and EU standards. The purpose of this paper is to critically examine the...
Foreign direct investments and round tripping between Cyprus and Russia
Purpose This paper aims to look at the linkage of foreign direct investments (FDIs) and round-tripping in the Cyprus-Russia corridor. Design/methodology/approach The paper is divided into two chapters. The first chapter looks at the relationship between FDIs and round-tripping in Cyprus and Russia. The second chapter discusses and combines statistical data from different sources...
European antiquities trade: a refuge for money laundering and terrorism financing
Purpose This paper aims to demonstrate how criminals launder money in the antiquities trade in Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. Design/methodology/approach A qualitative content analysis of 58 semi-structured expert interviews with both criminals and prevention experts and a quantitative survey of 184 compliance officers revealed the concrete techniques used to...
The viability of international anti-criminal finance frameworks. The effect of mass refugee migration and the growth of the informal financial sector
Purpose The purpose of this paper is to draw attention to the effect of the growing informal financial sector (IFS) on the effectiveness of anti-criminal finance laws. Specifically, the growth of the IFS has been brought on by the unprecedented rise in refugee and migrant movement around the world. This paper will focus on how refugee smuggling in the Eastern Mediterranean and Western Balkan
Evaluating cryptocurrency laundering as a complex socio-technical system. A systematic literature review
Purpose The purpose of this paper is to present the findings from a literature review, which aimed to identify previous studies evaluating cryptolaundering from a systems thinking perspective. The aim of this paper is to first confirm that cryptolaundering systems can indeed be defined as complex socio-technical systems and second to present the findings from a systematic review of the...
The viability of recent enforcement mechanism to combat money laundering and financial terrorism (AML/CFT) in Nigeria. An overview
Purpose This paper aims to evaluate the recent steps and enforcement mechanisms employed in Nigeria to combat money laundering and terrorism financing to give a clear and deeper insight to the potential that it portends and locate its workability by combing through various policies that are adapted to reinforce the existing anti-money laundering/combating financing terrorism (AML/CFT) legal...
Corporate crime control in China: an observation from culture perspective
Purpose The purpose of this paper is to critically evaluate role of penal approach in corporate crime control and to assess if compliance program can be accepted in China, the largest developing country with relatively little regulatory capacity and an immature financial market when compared to developed economies. Design/methodology/approach Based on the general corporate crime...
The mechanism of control of corruption and the rule of law. Mediating the effect of culture on terrorism financing
Purpose In this study, the authors aim to investigate the control of corruption (COC) mechanism and the rule of law (ROL) in mediating the effect of culture on terrorism financing. Thus, whether the COC and the ROL can mediate the effect of culture on terrorism financing across 78 countries has been examined. This study can provide additional evidence about the importance of having good...
Exploring the links between AML, digital currencies and blockchain technology
Purpose This paper aims to explore the implications of the 2014 Financial Action Task Force (FATF) publication and guidelines on virtual currency definitions and the overall impact of blockchain technology on anti-money laundering (AML) compliance and regulation. The report cites three case study examples, which the FATF paper uses and which this paper questions as to their relevance,...
- Carta al lector
- Consideraciones básicas para una correcta planeación patrimonial
- COLAFI 2019: una oportunidad única en la región
- La automatización de contratos y la disrupción legal
- Las habilidades blandas de los abogados
- El fideicomiso
- ¿Es momento de replantear su esquema de p laneación patrimonial?
- Prevención de lavado de activos
- Massimo pompeo y maría eugenia piedrasanta