IT Law (Books and Journals)
- Tecnología, robótica y sus implicaciones éticas by: Dykinson, 2023
- International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management From No. 1-1, February 2009 to No. 15-3, April 2023 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- International Journal of Web Information Systems From No. 1-1, February 2005 to No. 18-5/6, December 2022 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- The International Journal of Information and Learning Technology From No. 32-1, January 2015 to No. 37-3, May 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- Contratación electrónica internacional by: Editorial vLex, 2008
- Custom Modernization Handbook by: World Bank, 2005
- Customs Modernization Initiatives by: World Bank, 2004
- Building Market Institutions in South Eastern Europe by: World Bank, 2004
- Law in Cyber Space by: Commonwealth Secretariat, 2001
- Ética, moral y bioética
- Aspectos éticos y tecnológicos en la atención médica
- La tecnología aplicada a la medicina y al sector alimentariio: una historia de avances
- La capacidad de las máquinas para razonar y pensar por cuenta propia: una cuestión de ética y responsabilidad
Development paths of people’s sustainable livelihood based on climate change: a case study of Yunnan minority areas
Purpose: This study aims to evaluate the characteristics of climate change in Yunnan minority areas and identify an effective path to promote sustainable livelihoods based on climate change. Design/methodology/approach: Taking Yunnan Province as an example, based on the expansion of the traditional sustainable livelihood framework, the authors constructed a system dynamics (SD) model of...
The current situation, development aims and policy recommendation of China’s electric power industry
Purpose: Although the tasks of managing carbon peaks and achieving carbon neutrality in China are arduous, they are also of great significance, which highlights China’s determination and courage in dealing with climate change. The power industry is not only a major source of carbon emissions but also an important area for carbon emission reduction. Thus, against the backdrop of carbon neutrality,
The economic influence of climate change on Bangladesh agriculture: application of a dynamic computable general equilibrium model
Purpose: Evaluating the economic effects of climate change is a pivotal step for planning adaptation in developing countries. For Bangladesh, global warming has put it among the most vulnerable countries in the world to climate change, with increasing temperatures and sea-level rise. Hence, the purpose of this paper is to examine how climate change impacts the economy in Bangladesh in the case of
Assessment of climate change mitigation readiness in the Kingdom of Bahrain
Purpose: This study aims to assess readiness for climate change mitigation in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Design/methodology/approach: Two stages were followed aiming at understanding the situation related to climate change mitigation in Bahrain and assessing the mitigation readiness. Baseline and mitigation scenarios for the period 2019–2040 were developed using the Low Emissions Analysis Platform...
Environmental outcomes of climate migration and local governance: an empirical study of Ontario
Purpose: This study aims to examine the impact of migration growth on environmental outcomes and local governance and assess how well the existing local municipal governance has responded to the environmental impact of increased migration influx in Ontario, Canada using the annual data during 2012–2021. Design/methodology/approach: This study used the grey relational analysis (GRA) to examine...
Increasing social resilience against climate change risks: a case of extreme climate affected countries
Purpose: Social development is the ultimate goal of every nation, and climate change is a major stumbling block. Climate Risk Index has documented several climate change events with their devastations in terms of lives lost and economic cost. This study aims to link the climate change and renewable energy with the social progress of extreme climate affected countries. Design/methodology/approach:
Greenhouse gas emissions and stock market volatility: an empirical analysis of OECD countries
Purpose: This study aims to explore empirical evidence of the impact of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions on stock market volatility. Design/methodology/approach: Using panel data of 35 Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development countries from 1992 to 2018, we conduct both fixed effects panel model and Prais-Winsten model with panel-corrected standard errors. Findings: The authors...
Coping with floods: impacts, preparedness and resilience capacity of Greek micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises in flood-affected areas
Purpose: This paper aims to investigate aspects of flood experience, attitudes and responses of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in Greece and to indicate a typology of strategies associated with their relative effort to build flood resilience capacity. Design/methodology/approach: A qualitative study protocol was used, based on pertinent literature that considers how business
- Guest editorial: Special issue on “current topics of knowledge graphs and semantic web”
China’s power industry’s carbon emission intensity in the context of carbon peaking and carbon neutrality: measurement and regional difference
Purpose: To cope with the severe situation of the global climate, China proposed the “30 60” dual-carbon strategic goal. Based on this background, the purpose of this paper is to investigate scientifically and reasonably the interprovincial pattern of China’s power carbon emission intensity and further explore the causes of differences on this basis. Design/methodology/approach: Considering the...
Climate change and extremes: implications on city livability and associated health risks across the globe
Purpose: As global warming intensifies, climatic conditions are changing dramatically, potentially affecting specific businesses and cities’ livability. The temperature increase in cities significantly affects urban residents whose percentage is to reach about 70% by 2050. This paper aimed at highlighting the climate change risks in cities, particularly focusing on the threats to people’s health...
Climate change, extreme events and mental health in the Pacific region
Purpose: This paper aims to address a gap in investigating specific impacts of climate change on mental health in the Pacific region, a region prone to extreme events. This paper reports on a study on the connections between climate change, public health, extreme weather and climate events (EWEs), livelihoods and mental health, focusing on the Pacific region Islands countries. Design/methodology/
- Metaverso: reflexiones más allá de la tecnología
- Consecuencias jurídicas del uso de la inteligencia artificial por la Administración tributaria
- El metaverso. Empresa e inversión
- La fiscalidad de las e-commerce
- Nanomimética organizacional: un nuevo modelo de gestión inspirado en lo más pequeño
- Información pública de los acuerdos de colaboración social electrónica: Publicidad en los portales de internet y en las sedes electrónicas de las Administraciones tributarias
- Áreas de estudio de un banco central
- Regular el uso de algoritmos en la relación laboral, una necesidad legislativa en el contexto de transparencia de la UE
- La posición internacional del sector textil-confección catalán durante el período de crisis internacional y su aprendizaje
- La Corte Internacional de Arbitraje de la Cámara de Comercio Internacional y la publicidad de los laudos. La transparencia como instrumento de legitimación del arbitraje comercial internacional
- La neguentropía como factor complementario para optimizar recursos en la empresa
- Relaciones entre la prueba ilícita y el cine