Books and Journals › Business Law
- Journal of Property, Planning and Environmental Law From Nbr. 10-1, April 2018 to Nbr. 11-1, April 2019 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2019
- Estudios de Derecho Comercial Internacional Editorial vLex, 2017
- The Lawyer. Revista Centroamericana From Nbr. 1, September 2015 to Nbr. 11, July 2020 The Lawyer. Revista Centroamericana, 2016
- Tratados Comerciales Internacionales by: Ediciones Fiscales ISEF, 2016
- Políticas de protección ambiental en el siglo XXI: medidas tributarias, contaminación ambiental y empresa J.M. Bosch Editor, 2013
- Las condiciones generales del contrato de seguro y su control interno e internacional by: Editorial vLex, 2012
- Internet-ional Law by: Cacucci Editore, 2012
- JIPITEC – Journal of Intellectual Property, Information Technology and E-Commerce Law From Nbr. 1-1, January 2010 to Nbr. 11-2, October 2020 DIPP. Digital Peer Publishing, 2011
- Instituciones Jurídicas de Gayo by: Jurídica de las Americas, 2009
- Direito Concorrencial Europeu by: JH Mizuno, 2008
- El comercio internacional de medicamentos by: Dykinson, 2006
- Intellectual Property and Development by: World Bank, 2005
- La promoción internacional para productos y servicios by: Ediciones Fiscales ISEF, 2005
Secondary communication under the EU copyright acquis after Tom Kabinet: Between exhaustion and securing work's exploitation
Since the adoption of the InfoSoc Directive, the CJEU has been dealing with a variety of questions on the interpretation of the broad right of communication to the public. A substantial share of the references for a preliminary ruling concerns secondary communication, which relies on communication initially authorised by the right holder. Despite the seemingly clear language of Article 3(3) of...
Conceptualizations of the controller in permissionless blockchains
The relationship between blockchain and the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter GDPR) is often described as problematic. This article addresses one of the problems blockchain faces: who is/are the controller(s) in a blockchain context? This article demonstrates that it is particularly difficult to identify the controller in blockchain applications that are integrated in the core code...
Datenzugang, Verbraucherinteressen und Gemeinwohl, Bericht über die Verbraucherrechtstage 2019 des Bundesministeriums der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz in Berlin, 12. und 13. Dezember 2019
This report summarizes the conference "Verbraucherrechtstage 2019" ("Consumer Law Days 2019"), organised by the German Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection on 12 and 13 December 2019 in Berlin. This year’s topic was data access with a special emphasis on consumer interests and public welfare. Leading legal and economic scholars as well as public servants and...
- Comment of the European Copyright Society on the Implementation of the Extended Collective Licensing Rules (Arts. 8 and 12) of the Directive (EU) 2019/790 on Copyright in the Digital Single Market
- Comment of the European Copyright Society on the Implementation of Art. 14 of the DSM-Directive 2019/790
- Comment of the European Copyright Society on Selected Aspects of Implementing Article 17 of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market into National Law
- Comment of the European Copyright Society Addressing Selected Aspects of the Implementation of Articles 18 to 22 of the Directive (EU) 2019/790 on Copyright in the Digital Single Market
3D Digitisation of Cultural Heritage Copyright Implications of the Methods, Purposes and Collaboration
3D technology is increasingly used in the digitisation of cultural heritage and while parties engaging in such projects need copyright as an incentive, the copyright status of such 3D models are unclear. It is usually assumed they would not be protected, as the scans of existing objects are less likely to be original compared to the 3D models created from scratch. However, it is often overlooked...
The Quality of Law: How the European Court of Human Rights gradually became a European Constitutional Court for privacy casest
Until very recently, the European Court of Human Rights was willing to assess whether Member States’ executive branch had operated on a legal basis, whether national courts had struck a fair balance when adjudicating cases, and whether Member States had a positive obligation to ensure adequate protection of citizens’ human rights. One thing it did not assess however, was whether Member States’...
Debts, Money, Intellectual Property, Data and the Concept of Dematerialised Property
Debts, (electronic) money, intellectual property, and, in principle, data and digitised objects (if ownership rights are to be recognised for these), can be conceptualised as versions of the general principle of dematerialised property. This article discusses first the concept of dematerialised property and its application to debts, money and intellectual property. Then it deals with the idea of...
- Carta al lector
Regulación e Importancia de la Protección de Datos
En la actualidad, al llegar a un condominio o para ingresar a un edificio, muchas empresas o entidades, condicionan el ingreso a cambio de una imagen del documento de identificación de la persona que está por ingresar, en ciertos casos digitan los datos de dicho documento, e incluso toman una fotografía de dicha persona. Las preguntas son, ¿tienen derecho a ello? ¿qué hacen con dichos datos? ¿pued
- Resiliencia en el Derecho. Versatilidad, Estrategia y Tecnología en la Práctica Legal
- Protección de Datos Abogados In House
- ¿Elefante pintado de rosa? El Graffiti más allá del vandalismo
- La Firma Electrónica en el Mercado Legal
- Evidencia Inmutable: Blockchain y Smart Contracts
- Esto también pasará... Un enfoque estratégico para aprovechar y afrontar la recesión
- The Snowball Effect: How the Rich Get Richer
Cutting Back Patent Over-Enforcement - How to Address Abusive Practices Within the EU Enforcement Framework
The debate over the degree of flexibility at the disposal of national courts in Europe to grant, deny, or tailor, injunctive relief in patent litigation seems to be a never-ending story. In most jurisdictions, absent exceptional circumstances, findings of infringement lead national courts to grant, quasi-automatically, an injunction. However, some scholars as well as industry players, have argued
Unscrewing the Future: The Right to Repair and the Circumvention of Software TPMs in the EU
This analysis examines the impact of software technological protection measures (“TPMs”) in the European Union which inhibit the repair and maintenance of products. Using John Deere tractors as a case study, this analysis addresses the growing number of products which incorporate computerisation and TPMprotected software into their design and function. In utilising software integration and TPMs,...
Health Data Pools under European Policy and Data Protection Law: Research as a New Efficiency Defence?
The increasing employment of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the biomedical sector as well as the growing number of partnerships aimed at pooling together different types of digital health data, stress the importance of an effective regulation and governance of data sharing in the health and life sciences. This paper explores the emerging economic reality of health data pools from
Free Speech by Design for the Copyright DSM Directive
Article 17 of the Directive for Copyright in the Digital Single Market imposes on certain platforms an indirect obligation of algorithmic filtering, while providing a plethora of textual safeguards and guarantees for freedom of speech and legitimate uses. We argue however that this traditional approach of formal safeguards and procedural remedies has proved its inability to effectively protect...
- Jacques de Werra (ed.), Accords de technologie/Technology Transactions
Acquisition of private ownership over land plots in Russia by virtue of acquisitive prescription. Issues and prospects
Purpose This study aims to clarify the scope of the legal procedure of the acquisitive prescription in Russia. Design/methodology/approach Dialectical method, historical method and system analysis method have been used. Findings The authors consistently prove the inadmissibility of applying acquisitive prescription to land plots in private, state or municipal ownership. One of the features of...
Acuerdos de extradición en la región
En la actualidad, vemos como particularmente los Estados Unidos ha buscado extraditar a ciertos políticos en la región, aunque principalmente vemos que son por temas relacionados con el narcotráfico, también hemos visto extradiciones por temas de corrupción. Las extradiciones son un tema especializado, y por ello en esta ocasión contamos con expertos del tema para informarnos de su funcionamiento
- Importancia de la gestión integral de riesgo en cualquier organización