REGULATION 6. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Only explosives and ignition appliances approved by the
competent authority and provided by the mine operator shall be
taken into or used in the mine.
The delivery, conveyance, storage, issue and return of
explosives shall be effected by authorised persons, specially
instructed by the manager for these purposes.
Possession and use of explosives by other persons than those
authorised by the manager shall be prohibited.
(1) Frozen or deteriorated explosives shall not be taken
into the mine.
(2) If found underground, such explosives shall be brought to
(3) On the surface frozen explosives shall be thawed with due
precautions, and deteriorated explosives shall be destroyed as
directed by the manager.
(1) In fiery or dusty mines only safety explosives of an
approved type shall be used for coal getting and in certain work
in stone to be specified by national laws or regulations.
(2) Exemptions from the requirements of subparagraph (1) shall
be permitted only under conditions to be specified by the competent
6. The competent authority should issue special regulations
(a) classification of explosives from the safety standpoint;
(b) rules to be complied with by explosives manufacturers as
(c) particulars to be marked on cartridges; and
(d) substances and appliances designed to produce a similar effect
to that of explosives.