"At 3.6 billion, the number of Internet users has surpassed half the world's population. When markets reach mainstream, new growth gets harder to find--evinced by 0 percent new smartphone unit shipment growth in 2017." Also:
* Adults spend an average of 5.9 hours per day with digital media, 3.3 hours of which is via mobile devices.
* Twenty percent of all purchases in China are e-commerce, which is the highest such mark.
* Amazon has expanded its e-commerce market share from 20 percent in 2013 to 28 percent in 2017, based on gross merchandise value. Forty-nine percent of users begin products searches at Amazon, versus 36 percent via traditional search engines.
* Six percent of all e-commerce referrals now come via social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
* American information technology companies represent 25 percent of the...