Finance & Development Magazine
- International Monetary Fund
- Publication date:
- Nbr. 55-3, September 2018
- Nbr. 55-2, June 2018
- Nbr. 55-1, March 2018
- Nbr. 54-4, December 2017
- Nbr. 54-3, September 2017
- Nbr. 54-2, June 2017
- Nbr. 54-1, March 2017
- Nbr. 53-4, December 2016
- Nbr. 53-3, September 2016
- Nbr. 53-2, June 2016
- Nbr. 53-1, March 2016
- Nbr. 52-4, December 2015
- Nbr. 52-3, September 2015
- Nbr. 52-2, June 2015
- Nbr. 52-1, March 2015
- Nbr. 51-4, December 2014
- Nbr. 51-3, September 2014
- Nbr. 51-2, June 2014
- Nbr. 51-1, March 2014
- Nbr. 50-4, December 2013
- What Is Universal Basic Income?
Proponents hail simplicity and equity; skeptics worry about fiscal cost and incentives
- The Case for Universal Social Protection
Everyone faces vulnerabilities during their lifetime
- Finding Success
- Hardly Anyone Is Too Poor to Share
A basic level of social protection is affordable nearly everywhere
- Reimagining Social Protection
New systems that do not rely on standard employment contracts are needed
- Grounding the Debate
- Targeting the Poor
Developing economies face special challenges in delivering social protection
- Breathing Space
Patrick Honohan explains how the IMF helped Ireland overcome its financial crisis
- Return of the Bond Vigilante
Will markets coerce fiscal policy again?
- Data Evangelist
Chris Wellisz profiles Raj Chetty, who is reshaping the study of social mobility with big...
- The Pragmatic Idealist
- The Shape of Global Health
The world has come a long way, but still has a long way to...
- Maintaining Momentum
From shifting demographics to climate change, Southeast Asia confronts a host of challenges. Surmounting them will require both resilience and...
- Subsidies: Some Work, Others Donât
Some government subsidies make sense, but often there are...
- Senior Shock
The graying of advanced economies may make monetary policy less...
- The Benevolent Side of Big Data
Data analytics can be used to drive growth in the developing...
- Corruption Matters
Governance has progressed in a few Latin American countries but corruption still hinders development in the region ...
- A Long Shadow over Growth
Conquering unemployment and boosting growth is the number one priority in Europe...
- Knowledge as a Public Good
The IMF is using technology to boost understanding of economic policy...