Vol. 109 Nbr. 4, October 2015
> SIGN UP FREE
- Domestic judicial design by international human rights courts.
- The rule of law without the rule of lawyers? Why investment arbitrators are from Mars, trade adjudicators from Venus.
- Ending Security Council resolutions.
- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea - marine protected area - rights of coastal states - jurisdiction - territorial disputes vs. maritime issues - protection of living resources vs. environmental matters.
- UN Convention on the Law of the Sea - advisory jurisdiction - illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing in the exclusive economic zone - Convention on Minimal Conditions for Access - flag state liability - due diligence - duty to cooperate.
- Investment arbitration - lack of jurisdiction under statute, treaty, and ICSID Convention - denunciation of ICSID Convention - lack of foreign ownership or control.
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights - American Convention on Human Rights - Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties - jurisdiction - estoppel - internal law as justification for failure to perform treaty obligation.
- Game of drones.
- National Security and Double Government.
- The Oxford Handbook of International Law in Armed Conflict.
- The Law of Refugee Status, 2d ed.